When someone else’s negligence causes you injury, you can seek compensation through a personal injury claim. By working with a personal injury lawyer in Texas, you can recover the costs of medical bills and even income loss replacement. In Texas, you have two years to file a personal injury claim to receive compensation for the accident. However, the sooner you file, the more likely you are to receive the full compensation you deserve. The closer to the accident you file a personal injury claim, the more relevant the evidence and information will be for your case.
Types of Personal Injuries
There are many different situations that could lead to a personal injury claim case. A personal injury is defined as any form of bodily harm caused by another party’s negligence. The most common kinds of personal injury cases include:
- Car or Truck Accidents
- A driver who is texting on their phone is considered negligent. If they cause an accident that results in injury, the injured party can seek personal injury compensation.
- Workplace Accidents, Including Oilfield Accidents
- Whenever the workplace is unsafe or lacks proper warning about safety, an injured employee may be able to seek personal injury compensation.
- Medical Malpractice
- If a doctor or nurse administers the wrong dosage of medicine that results in injury, the patient and their family have the right to seek compensation.
- Product Liability
- If a product doesn’t function as it should in a safe manner, injured consumers can seek compensation for their injuries.
- Dog Bites
- If an owner is unable to keep control of their dog, and the injured victim was not violating property rights, the injured party can file a personal injury claim.
There are other cases where a personal injury claim may be relevant. Talking with a personal injury lawyer in Texas can help you determine if your claim is viable.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
When seeking compensation for personal injuries, you can get a variety of benefits. The type and amount depend on the scale of the injury sustained. For example, if a car accident leaves you with a broken arm, you can seek compensation for medical bills associated with the injury. In the case of severe bodily injury or permanent disfigurement, you may be able to receive income loss compensation if the accident leaves you unable to continue employment. You’ll need extensive medical records and expert testimony to prove the accident negatively impacted your ability to work as normal.
Finding a Personal Injury Lawyer in Texas
If you’re seeking compensation for a personal injury, contact the Vickery Law Firm today. For over thirty years, Attorney Vickery has served as a prominent and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in Texas. His expertise in Texas law will also help you get the full compensation you deserve after an accident. Don’t let someone else’s negligence leave you in financial ruin. Call the Vickery Law Firm today at (903) 504-5490.